Her inspirational designs demonstrate the different types of leather used but also show no leather is okay! She uses wire work to either make the clasp as with the bracelet above or to embellish the bracelet featuring a Samunnat polymer clay bead.
This contest will be judged by prestigious judges ( see below) . Although we can only choose one 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize – you are all winners in the hearts of the women of Kazuri and Samunnat. Also you’ll have created something new and wonderful.
- Each design must contain at least one Kazuri or Sammunat large hole slider bead
- No limit to number of designs entered
- Technique and other materials used will be up to each entrant
- Design Contest deadline is August 28, 2014.
- Send your photos as JPEG files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winning designs will also be shared on social media.
The winning designs will receive the following prizes :
- 1st Prize $100.00 gift certificate to be used on our website, Kazuri West Many Hands Marketplace
- 2nd Prize $50.00 gift certificate to be used on our website
- 3rd prize 5 assorted beads – (we will choose a nice selection for you.)
Entries will be judged by our prestigious Design Team:
- Pearl Blay – Canadian jewelry artisan and author of the highly popular jewelry blog , The Beading Gem’s Journal. She is a Design Ambassador as well as a product and jewelry book reviewer for many companies both small and large. She is very active on social media.
- Kerrie Slade – Award winning beadwork designer from the UK. Her work has been published in numerous books and magazines around the world. She also teaches internationally as well as sells her seed bead patterns via her website. Kerrie writes her own blog as well as a monthly blogger for Bead & Button magazine and is also a Design Ambassador for Preciosa Ornela.
- Sandra Francour – Award winning jewelry artist in San Diego, CA. Her work is sold in boutiques, galleries and museums, including The San Diego Museum of Art, The Women’s Museum of California, The Mingei International Museum, and The Huntington in Pasadena. She has traveled extensively throughout the world and her experiences with so many different cultures provide her with the inspiration for much of her jewelry.
- Paulette Walther of Kazuri West- Many Hands Marketplace and Kazuri Beads USA – Master Distributor and importer of Kazuri beads (Kenya) and master Distributor and importer of Samunnat beads (Nepal) Jewelry Designer and Design assistance and product development for the ladies of Kazuri and Samunnat.